The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fibro and TDCJ

Go down

fibro and TDCJ Empty fibro and TDCJ

Post  robie Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 pm

After I had my first fall I was off work for a week because of a flair up I went back to work on a Saturday I was still hurting but I went to work anyway. In turn out I was told to work in food service the most stressful place to me on the unit because the inmates have knives and try and still the food so we have to be on our feet nonstop for 12 hours I asked to be moved to another position because I was hurting I wanted to stay and work I just could not be on my feet that long. So one of sgt. told me to go to line control, So I could sit down. I was not in there but 20 minutes when I got called to the office and was told by my lieutenant that I had to go home because I said I could not work 12 hours in the position he put me in. and told me I had to get cleared by the dr from my fibromyalgia and all my medication before I could come back to work. So I went to the doctor and they told me I could not work longer than 2 hours at a time in any position without a break. So with tdcj if I have restrictions I can’t work so I filed for my short term disability which I have paid for every month. All this happened on January 15. It is now March 25, 2011 and I still have not gotten my benefits. What do I do?
robie
robie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down