The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my fibro

Go down

my fibro  Empty my fibro

Post  cortex_toom Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:24 pm

hi how are you all? i hope this email finds you well... i have been dealing with this pain for 2 years now, they come in flares means it's not ongoing anymore but i noticed when i work out or do things like lifting very heavy objects while doing my chores i get flare ups sometimes even with ibs (i also have i bs) this weekend i did chores non stop, and cleaned my room, including my small library holder and computer, (prior to this i had no pains nowadays pains arrive suddenly when applying pressure) this brought pain in my neck (leading to stiff neck and shoulders), back, shoulders, fatigue and brain-fog, with some tension headaches, last year i had a lot of tests, emg, neuro exam , blood tests including tsh and creatine kinas, ca 125 and various abdominal/transvaginal ultrasounds to diagnose ibs reason, (including colonoscopy) , had cbc , no mri scans done so far because I was told that it's is unnecessary, i had muscle blood tests though, i was told this is the actual tests rather than mri, ms is highly unlikely in Mediterranean countries i was told but in the neuro exam he said it's quite unlikely i have ms, the neurologist concluded i have a big problem with stress which triggered all these symptoms... in fibro i read that when you do a little pressure on your tender spots you get a lot of pain which can last long, i have lifted a bed and a study in order to clean under that, i know it's a funny way to explain i cannot explain it in other words. but since i got the pains immeidately after that (pains = flares) means it's similar to this fibro, i was also sent to psychiatrist, when i went to hospital , i was told i am making up things, when i explained to a doctor/pharmacist about my history regarding the onset on these symptoms, he said it's quite likely that's fibro, he happened to know about it, i wonder why in my country no one knows about this illness. i know i have to rest to get at least a little better, still fatigue and pain are there at the moment as i said i'm paying for this 'busy weekend' . by the way i have no problems with falling a sleep and resting for long periods of time, but when i wake up the sleep feels unrefreshed, the pain is in my neck back , elbows , legs low back, butt at the moment, ok i know i am complaining a lot but partly it's my fault because i know that with fibro you cannot overexercise or do more work than needed especially when it means you have to apply pressure to your body when it's already suffering from a condition where pressure is applied means pain.
cortex_toom
cortex_toom

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-23

Back to top Go down