The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello new fibro friends

Go down

Hello new fibro friends Empty Hello new fibro friends

Post  dc3886 Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 am

Hi my name is Desiree and of course I have Fibromyalgia and along with that I have P.C.O.S. which is another bag of fun. I am 24 years old, although I feel more like 80. I am unable to work which honestly makes me feel like a useless human being. I want to be able to help my husband with the bills but I just can't. I am in pain all of the time. I'm not even sure what a day without pain feels like anymore. I was just diagnosed a year ago but I have been suffering since I was 19. I worked from the time I was 15 to up until about 2 years ago when I just couldn't stand to be on my feet anymore, along with the fatigue. I was diagnosed by a wonderful doctor but he has recently closed his private practice to go work for a hospital so I am starting fresh with a new doctor so thats frustrating, although he seems to be an understanding doctor. I had my first appointment with a rheumatologist this week and I feel it went well. He put me on some new medicine, so I'll see how that works out. I go back to seem him in a month. Currently my biggest problems are severe back pain, neck pain, insomnia, tenderness all over but more severe on my elbows and knees (I can't stand to have my elbows touched!), fatigue which sometimes has me sleeping all day, muscle spasms, anxiety, memory problems, migraines, IBS and foot pain. During the winter especially I have to walk with a cane. I have gained a lot of weight in the last few years because of the pain and lack of exercise. I went from kayaking, swimming, playing basketball and soccer to very little activity. I feel like a recluse because I rarely feel like leaving the house. I am going to be trying to get disability as soon as I find a lawyer, although my husband is a very caring understanding man I want to contribute in any way I can. Sorry to ramble on but I'm glad I found someplace with people that know what I'm going through.
dc3886
dc3886

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down