The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nausea with fibromyalgia

+2
Writer2
wctp
6 posters

Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty nausea with fibromyalgia

Post  wctp Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:48 pm

I have been recently diagnosed with fibro an would like to know if other people suffer with nausea every gosh-dang day?
wctp
wctp

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty fibro

Post  ssrshe Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:16 pm

To answer your question Yes....hopefully it's not every day but some days are worse then others.... I realize I did alot better in a warmer climate but since I have moved to Wa. the fibro has come on full force. Actually I just took a dramamine because I was really feeling sick today... Good luck to you....
ssrshe

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty Re: Nausea

Post  Writer2 Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Hello,

I have been suffering from Fibromyalga for over 5 yrs. I had to retire from being an RN due to the effects of this disease. Has anybody found anything that helps with the nausea? I am sick everyday and can barely function.
Writer2
Writer2

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty Nausea help

Post  Tammy Elaine Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 am

Hello!
Thanks for using the forum! I can relate to your issue with nausea; the meds and all the supplements we are forced to take not only aggitate IBS syptoms but also cause severe nausea. I went to the doctor and was told he could only prescribe Phenergan, which CAUSES nausea and vertigo in some patients, so that wasn't a solution for me. I did some research for homeopathic methods and found "Ginger Root", 550 mg. It's with the vitamins and supplements almost anywhere they are carried and is very affordable. When I get sick to my stomach and nauseated, I take two capsules and it takes the nausea away. I suppose that is why they always say, "Drink gingerale" when we get ill.

Hope this helps. I know it does for me and I am pleased that I don't have to resort to yet another pharmaceutical.

Good luck!
Tammy Elaine
Tammy Elaine
Admin

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-30

https://fibromyalgia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty Fibro

Post  Chris Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:04 am

I have been reading about fibro a lot lately - I have yet to be diagnosed with it.

Your body's PH level may have something to do with it. There are certain foods that are very acidic that you should avoid. There are PH strips you can buy to test you PH levels.

From what the naturopathic doctor has told me, fibro is caused by too many toxins in your body - whether it be stress, alcohol, smoking, foods with preservatives, meat and dairy products. I will be getting a food sensitivity test done through the naturopathic doctor. I don't want to go on meds to cover up the symptoms - I want to know why I have this and cure it myself. And if I can do that by simply eliminating certain foods from my diet - then I'm going to do just that.

The first few tips I've read are: drink 12 -20 glasses of water with a squeeze of lemon juice in it every day; avoid meat; avoid dairy. The lemon water brings up the alkalinity in your body and the water flushes toxins out, and the meat has toxins in it, and the dairy is very acidic.

Hope this helps.
Chris

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty Yep, nausea every day!

Post  Judy Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 pm

I can't believe I found this website! I was beginning to think that something additional was wrong with me because the nausea can be so overwhelming. In fact, nausea was one of the first problems I noticed. It was like being pregnant all over again. Thanks for everyone's responses because now I know it is still Fibromyalgia.
Judy

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty It's Like Being on a Rollercoaster

Post  Mytigode Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:49 am

I was doing some research on all of these symptoms of fibro and was specifically looking for nausea when I came to this site. Oh, my, god! Every single day, worse in the morning, it just doesn't let up without the medication (Promethazine) or chewing on Altoids. Even then, I only get relief for a few hours. I feel as if I were in the first trimester of pregnancy which I know I am not (hysterectomy), but the urge to vomit is always there.

Mytigode

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty Nausea

Post  Janet Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:26 pm

I have nausea with some wretching every day. I have some peppermint/ginger capsules coming in the mail; hoping they will help me. It has been so debilitating to me; don't want to go anywhere because I feel so sick all day.
Janet

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty Re: nausea with fibromyalgia

Post  Ozykimbo Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:44 pm

..because of meds causing nausea,I now avoid alcohol completly..

..bingo..no nausea..

..hope that helps some-one.. Exclamation
Ozykimbo
Ozykimbo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  patuan89 Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:07 pm

I was doing some research on all of these symptoms of fibro and was specifically looking for nausea when I came to this site. Oh, my, god! Every single day, worse in the morning, it just doesn't let up without the medication (Promethazine) or chewing on Altoids. Even then, I only get relief for a few hours. I feel as if I were in the first trimester of pregnancy which I know I am not (hysterectomy), but the urge to vomit is always there.
county coupons
Tissue Paper Machine

Last edited by patuan89 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
patuan89
patuan89

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  patuan89 Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:08 pm

A short video presentation by Scottish Doctor David Mikel
December 13, 2007
A short video presentation by Scottish Doctor David Mickel suggesting the potential cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Fibromyalgia. Dr Mickel has designed a treatment called Mickel Therapy - the success of this treatment is spreading worldwide. See www.mickeltherapy.com for more details.

Very Happy I found this interesting although I must admit that I haven't had the chance to check out his site.
Air Conditioning Installation
Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by patuan89 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
patuan89
patuan89

Back to top Go down

Post  patuan89 Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:08 pm

patuan89
patuan89

Back to top Go down

Post  heroisthai Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Oh, my, god! Every single day, worse in the morning, it just doesn't let up without the medication (Promethazine) or chewing on Altoids. Even then, I only get relief for a few hours. I feel as if I were in the first trimester of pregnancy which I know I am not (hysterectomy), but the urge to vomit is always there.
heroisthai
heroisthai

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  heroisthai Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 pm

heroisthai
heroisthai

Back to top Go down

Post  heroisthai Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:58 pm

heroisthai
heroisthai

Back to top Go down

Post  heroisthai Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:58 pm

I feel as if I were in the first trimester of pregnancy which I know I am not (hysterectomy), but the urge to vomit is always there.
heroisthai
heroisthai

Back to top Go down

Post  CindyNY Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 am

I am lucky to live in a place (NYC) where fresh ginger is available, though ginger candy, or ginger ale all can be used to wonderfully help alleviate fibro nausea. You can munch on a sliver of fresh ginger, but don't swallow it because it can be too strong for many people. Or the ginger candy, available in many Asian groceries does a nice substitute. And lastly, the old standby ginger ale. Deep breathing, and meditation can help with calmness and balance, and a friend SWEARS by Tai Chi, claiming her overall motor skill is way better and, her fibro dizziness/turbulent stomach which often go together...are also vastly improved. Hey fibro warriors -- DON'T GIVE UP AND DON'T GIVE IN!
CindyNY

Back to top Go down

nausea with fibromyalgia Empty Nausea - Try Vicks Vapor Rub

Post  nshereej Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:17 am

I noticed whenever I am nauseated if I sniff some vicks vapor rub (has to be Vicks brand because it is the strongest) then it relieves my symptoms. Although, it does come back this is a quick way to relieve it if you are having severe nausea. I keep it in my med cabinet and apply a very small amount to my nose near the nostrils when i really need relief so I can inhale it easily. This whole disease sucks it really does. I barely have energy and feel good enough to work ever!!
nshereej

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down