The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fibro-Confused

2 posters

Go down

Fibro-Confused Empty Fibro-Confused

Post  JoLand Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi all...my name is Johnna. I'm a 42 yr old woman from SW Ohio. I am married to the most understanding, supportive man, David. I have 3 children, Ryann - 23, Jessica - 21, and Heidi - 17, from my previous marriage to a not-so-anything man ... LOL Wink LOL For nearly 15 yrs. I worked as a Manager, either in retail stores, or in restaraunts. The latest was Buffalo Wild Wings. I am now unemployed, with a status of "temporarily total disability". Long story short...."this" started about a year ago and has steadily gotten worse and seemingly more complicated with each passing month. I believed it was just a simple-normal, back problem that progressed to X-Rays, MRI's, Epidural Injections in my back, high doses of prednisone, 3-5 x's a week visits to my chiropractor, pain pills from Ibuprofin - Tramadol - Savella - Vicodin - Percoset - and now Dilatid....and in the beginning still working 50-60 hrs. a week, to going on short-term disability to now...having to resign my position and wondering where I go from here.....??? confused I'm looking forward to gaining some knowledge and losing some confusion on what is happening to me and my body. Thanks all for lending an ear and to Elaine, thank you for creating this site for people like me. Hope to speak with you all soon.....Have a great day. sunny
JoLand
JoLand

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Fibro-Confused Empty Re: Fibro-Confused

Post  Oppconsulting Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:34 am

do you have specific qustions if you make a list of them its easier for me to answer
now disability takes 3 or more tries to get on it its really picky pain in the but
now working 40 houres a week impossible with fibromyalgia unless you want to be laid up for a month
i just the other day found out im no longer able to fix my own car that was my life i fixed cars heck i fixed everything that broke me and i just cant take it anymore
anyway make a list of specifics and someone will answer the list just makes it super easy for us to help you
Oppconsulting
Oppconsulting

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  JoLand Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:53 am

[b]Thanks so much for your reply. I apologize for not asking specific questions, but with this post I was primarily trying to introduce myself and giving everyone a little personal, background info. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I guess the biggest question I have right now is .... what helps relieve your pain. I've read about FB sufferers using certain vitamins, drinks, etc. I know I will have to experiment with them to find the one that may work for me...but having options and personal reviews would be a tremendous help.
I am currently on LTD and will continue to be either till I retire at 65 or with some miracle...go back to work. My husband is a Firefighter, and with his income, my LTD, and his fantastic abilibty to be our financial "guru". cheers our financial situation is very stable. Now, my emotional stability, is another story. It's a roller coaster ride DAILY!!!! And I've noticed that the weather has alot of control over my pain and emotional state. Is that normal?
I hope so.... confused I must leave for now. I wish you all a wonderful day....
Johnna
JoLand
JoLand

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Oppconsulting Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Well sorry about the misunderstanding and welcome Im dan
the way i do pain is much differant from the rest I have severe ADHD witch has a through the roof tollerance i use to just use martial arts foucus and other stuf and just being stubbon ten years ago i met the best part of my life and she mad me rest more and take painkillers i done the whole array of pain killer all in the book my body chem keeps adjusting and after a while they all stop anyway sorry about the long rant
first get a very good docter who stands beside you and your decisions my docter has let me try whatever i want but again my body is strange so he know im not abuseing or addicted so watch carfully for addiction
ok now for the recomandation I recomend lyrica there are all differant doses you can take that is the best also soma a very good muscle relaxant I would have to look at my cocktail of drugs to see what other one there are plus a good doc will know what pills are best read up always be on step ahead of the docters there are thousands of good sites i would stay with acredited reputable ones like mayo clinic and others then make a support team family friends people you trust and dont back down from the docters you know you better than they do
one other thing is diet takeing out water for distilled or really good reverse osmosis water there are fake or not real good ro water this takes chemicals out of your life
and just eat healthy you may not feel up to it but home cooked food over processed and other crappy food will hel may tak a month or so to get cleaned out but you should feel a little better also we dont drink pop once every two weeks or less teas other stuff the pop can make headaches and other stuff

If you need anymore help or want to talk im not really on here its to hard to post stuff on here so use danopp@comcast.net
good luck
Oppconsulting
Oppconsulting

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down