The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi! I am new to the forum...

Go down

Hi! I am new to the forum...  Empty Hi! I am new to the forum...

Post  FrozenLotus Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am

Hello! flower

I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with FMS back in 1992/93 when I was still quite young, and so many people looked at me like I had three heads when I said I had Fibromyalgia. I have had so many commonly linked conditions, and those were recognized one at a time, but all I have heard for years was that I was a medical enigma, and they were "baffled" by my ongoing problems. I have had Fibro on my "list" of problems when I'd go see a new Dr, but just in the last few months has any of them really tried to help my condition and recognize it as the root of my problems. I was/am a poster child for the pain/ pressure points and symptoms of FMS. No I was working for many years, pushing through the pain. I was a single mom for 7 years, and had no choice. I am happy to say and have a supportive husband, and I could finally stop working this time when the Doctor suggested it. Currently things have gotten so bad, with the support of my Doc, I am applying for SSDI, and had to close my little businesss... and lost a ton of money.

In no particular order, beside Fibro, I have been diagnosed with arm, back and shoulder Arthritis, asthma / chronic bronchitis, sinus and myofacial pain, Allergies, IBS, Diverticulosis, IC, PCOS, adenomyosis, fibroids, and other problems that come and go. I have had three major surgeries in the last six years, gallbladder disease, reflux and gerd/nissan surgery, hysterectomy. I have been given so many different medications in the last twenty years, many of which only put band aids on my issues... some helped, some hindered. I was put on antibiotics and steroids so many times, I also have major immune problems, and I am sure that didn't help my Fibro.
As I mentioned, I finally have two Doctors who are trying to help. I was started on Lyrica 3 weeks ago. I had originally been given Elavil in a low dose, and had horrible problems with constipation. I have also been given Bentyl and take miralax for my intestinal and bowel issues. I was also put on Singulair for my ongoing lung problems, and take Allegra and Mucinex for my chronic allergy and sinus issues.
I am someone who would rather take natural things, but right now I am desperate to try and find some help and we will see what these medications do over a month or so.
It's comforting to see other's stories on here, and know that I am most definitely not alone.
Sad
FrozenLotus
FrozenLotus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down