The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie here

2 posters

Go down

newbie here Empty newbie here

Post  ladeeuser Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Hello all, well firstly new to this forum not to Fibro. I was diagnosed at a very early age as having "some health issues" Everything from anemia to early signs of arthritis, this being in France at the time. Eventually, they felt I was all much better so we arived to Canada I was ten, and was very much involved in just about every sports available. By the time I reached 16 I started having knee pains, than back pains, all was ignored and life kept moving on, with being a crasy teenager and more sports till I reached 30, it was suddenly getting more difficult to do the sports without the pains.
I had my daughter at 31, began the full bloom migraines at 34, and at the age of about 45 begin having all sorts of pains from head to toes, I went through many test, MRI's, bone scans, etc. After almost 3 years of medical research it was agreed that I have Fibro. Rheumatoid arthritis, still the migraines, but these have much lessened with the many drugs tried, finally Topomax is the winner, and many prescription medication tried for the Fibro, including 2 different anti depressants, which I have to say, if I did not use them , I would have the same feeling I use to get as a child.
I also see a shrink, which is helpful for the talks, as presently my mom's health the past 5 years has gone bad so terribly, that help is required, and my husband just told me last week he has fallen out of love for me. I am on long term disability as of May this year, and the Insurance company confirmed by letter to be permanent, whatever permanent means in insurance lingo.
So physical pain I am sure as you all have here I can understand, and need to hear what some of you ladies and men, if there are any here, are doing to make life less miserable.
Thank-you for listening
peace
ladeeuser
ladeeuser

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

newbie here Empty Life "less miserable"? I wish.

Post  Tammy Elaine Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 pm

Hon, if I had the answer to that one I would tell ya! Still looking for it myself.

I finally got my disability...still not any less miserable. Living with FM sucks, without a doubt. Even after years of research, finally being diagnosed and under the care of one of the best neurologists in the state....still, the pain is barely under control. My friends and family who understand are my rocks, as well as The Lord. Sometimes, nothing makes me feel better. I am glad that you have joined us here...please share the forum with others and post all you want to...sometimes it helps just to get it all out.

Keeping you in my prayers, as I do everyone here. Take care!!!!
Tammy Elaine
Tammy Elaine
Admin

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-30

https://fibromyalgia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down