The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi - another newbie

Go down

Hi - another newbie Empty Hi - another newbie

Post  melrned Thu May 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi - I'm Marie - and was diagnosed in 2008 but believe I have been having symptoms for maybe 4 years before that,and the doc I was using kept blowing me off. I usually can function pretty well, I am a nurse, work approx. 24 hours a week, I recently changed jobs d/t stress, and so feel much better emotionally about it. I had my first real problem with chest pain this last week - I called 911 (reluctantly) they did the whole cardiac workup - lots of different meds, including the stress test - and just as I had told them, it was not cardiac!!! My GI guy says esophegeal spasms, my primary feels it all just goes along with the fibro, we're trying different meds, they said my cholesterol was was up - put me on lipitor, and my primary was concerned that it causes muscle pain and memory lapses. Great - more fibro fog, just what I need Neutral Today between the chest pain, muscle aches etc, I was confined to the couch. For someone like me this is sooooo unlike me. My family doesn't understand that there are days I just can't put it all together!!! My trip to the hospital was a joy, being an er nurse, the docs were very attentive - focused of course on cardiac, when I explained that I have fibro and have many pains and spasms there whole attitude changed - they blew me off, I had to fight to get one of my gastroenterologists in (who is a great supporter of the fibro syndromes) explained spasms. The doc who wrote my admitting orders was also a non beliver. Thank God for my GI guy. Between diagnosis' of IBS, Migraines, fibro, diverticulitis and now he's thinking Reynauds, I've had enough.
I'm just tired and needed to vent - I know you will understand and be empathic. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day - I still have patients to see and a life to live. Have a nice holiday weekend. I'm going to go and peruse the rest of the site - hang in there everyone. You're not crazy!!! I love you
melrned
melrned

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down