The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many symptoms do I have? Too Many!

+5
flwrchild
Andrew
shellie209
BMGirl
Tammy Elaine
9 posters

Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty My Symptoms

Post  Hound Sun May 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Muscle pain, spasms, twitching, the need to stretch
Fibro fog
Tingling and numbness in my hands
Feeling as though my hands and feet are swollen
FATIGUE -- need to take naps
Severe reaction to stress - guaranteed to bring on a flare
IBS
Sleep apnea with restless legs
Inability to fall asleep without sleep meds
anxiety
depression
stiffness in my neck and back
Hound
Hound

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty flu like symptoms

Post  carolineisland Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Does anybody else have flu like symptoms? For many years I have gotten fever and body aches when I overworked myself. Now it comes on for seemingly no reason. It feels just like a bad case of the flu, but its not. It usually goes away if I get enough rest.
carolineisland
carolineisland

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty symptoms...

Post  carolineisland Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 pm

memory is failing badly!
pain everywhere, especially in joints... well in muscles too. I just HURT.
sleep apnea
neuropathy in feet - so bad I can't sleep at night
headaches increasing
fatigue FATIGUE FATIGUE. I have lost all motivation and interest in life.
brain fog
vision problems - varies throughout the day and can't focus sometimes
mood swings - ugh!
back pain and join pain so bad I have to use a cane just to get out of my car and walk a few feet.
becoming a recluse (and I used to be VERY outgoing - I was a professional musician and teacher!) now I don't want to see anyone.
Basically my quality of life is in the toilet and if I can't get some relief I really don't want to live anymore.
carolineisland
carolineisland

Registration date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty Re: How many symptoms do I have? Too Many!

Post  ayesha.no.1 Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:15 am

Where do I start! Basically i feel like i have been hit by a truck. I have aches all over my body and every bone feels bruised and feel extremely fatique. I dont have any energy to do anything and lost all motivations. I also suffer from generelised anxiety disorder and mild depreesion all dut to the fact that for years not knowing whats wrong with me. Additional symptoms are; garto discomfort, light headed, vision probrems(difficulty focusing), feeling like I am on a boat consatantly, and many more.
ayesha.no.1
ayesha.no.1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty Re

Post  Robinn Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Being a chronic disorder, fibromyligia has a lot of ways of affecting the body but the most common way that it makes its self present is by making the patient feel pain and fatigue through out the body along with some other symptoms. One of the strangest things about this disease is that is has absolutely no visible effect or symptom on the outside of the body; the symptoms being felt only by the patient has lead the people to call this the invisible disability.

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty Re: How many symptoms do I have? Too Many!

Post  flwrchild Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Tammy Elaine, OMG, I have all those same symptoms. I actually feel relief knowing it's not just in my head. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I'm in tears just knowing that othe people know how I feel. flower
flwrchild
flwrchild

Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty My Symptoms, Please read.

Post  Andrew Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 pm

I am a 25 year old Male who is currently serving in the United States Coast Guard. I started having symptoms about 2 years ago and I continue to get new symptoms almost every week. I have them listed below starting from the earliest.

-Tingling up and down my spine
-Numbness in my legs and pins and needle feeling in my feet
-Horrible joint pain in my knees, wrists, ankles, elbows and shoulders
-Extreme swelling in all joints
-Muscle pain in my upper and inner thighs, calf muscles, biceps, triceps, forearm, back and side of neck
-Migraine headaches, light sensitivity, noise sensitivity
-Tension headaches from my Occipital area in the back of my head and tightness from the back of my neck down to my spine and outwards to my shoulder blades
-Bone pain in my hands and feet and it often goes into my fingers and toes.
-Pain in the tendon about 2 inches up from the heel of my foot
-Lumbar and cervical back pain (I have disc bulges, degenerative disc disease, and spinal arthritis all found with MRI's and XRAYs)
-Muscle cramping and muscle spasms
-Extreme morning stiffness, and at night when I lay down in bed it feels like my entire body is stabbing me and hates me.
-Chest pain (diagnosed with Costochondalgia=tightness around sternum and cartilage that connects to your rib cage)
-Dull achey pain in my arm pit area and down my side (I thought it was inlarged lymph nodes but had them examined and nothing was inflammed)
-Facial pain in my upper jaw where it hinges just under the ear, and under the lower jaw bone (I also thought this was inlarged lymph nodes and I had them examined and found out they are fine also)
-Problems sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
-Brain Fog sometimes, and memory confusion
-Abdominal pain in the lower right hand side and discomfort in the pelvic region
-Extreme pain on the tips of my shoulders
-Anxiety attacks, and depression

These are my symptoms that I currently have. About a month ago I received steroid injections to help out with the inflamation in my spine and back of the neck and they didn't work, I got worse and it actually caused some of these symptoms to show up and they are now perminent. My pain mgt doctor told me that I had text book steroid sensitivity and to never get them again. I also have a portable TENS unit that help my back out every once and a while. If anyone could please read over my symptoms and let me know if you are experiencing the similar ones that would be great. I am always second guessing my doctors since they dont really have anyway of treating me other than drugging me up and telling me to alternate heat and ice. Nobody seems to know how to combat Fibromyalgia successfully, and most of my doctors think I'm either embelishing on previous symptoms or flat out making them up because they dont view Fibromyalgia as being a real syndrome, my Neurologist is one of the doctors who think its all make believe and the other doctors tell me that it's a Neurological syndrome and to see him. I'm stuck with my hands in the air and my jaw on the floor only able to say WTF. Thank you all for taking the time to read my posting.
-Andrew.
Andrew
Andrew

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty A list of my symptoms

Post  shellie209 Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:49 pm

I have IBS, TMP(temporomandibular disorder), chronic fatigue syndrome, tension and migraine headache, Interstitial cystitis, restless leg syndrome, Numbness, Allodynice(sensitive to bright lights, changes in weather, cold, need to wear sunglasses, sensitive to light, dizziness. Plus, flu like symptoms and allergies.
shellie209
shellie209

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty What is my symtoms?

Post  shellie209 Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:51 pm

I have all of them too. Specially(today anyway) short term memory. My doctor says that I have a sever case but when she filled out my SSI papers. My disease was not that sever. I get sharp pains in my arms that it feels better to hold my arm with my other hand. I let my kids father rise my kids so that they will get better care. Plus I don't want them to see me in all the pain. I have nightmares at night and my legs won't be still for nothing. Headaches everyday of my life. IBS for years. Swelling in my joints and skin. Fevers and big knots in my back. Dizziness(which is new). Just ones I can think of on the top of my head.
shellie209
shellie209

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  BMGirl Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Tammy

My list isn't quite as long as yours, but I'm getting there ...

My Doctor now allows me extra time at an appointment - he calls me "Moaning Myrtle" as he starts every visit with a pain score "So how are we today" I just launch forth: problems with this, problems with that - well if you don't tell them they're not mind readers

A good tip is to always write down what you want to say or ask before you go - its no good remembering after your visit!!
BMGirl
BMGirl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

How many symptoms do I have?  Too Many! Empty How many symptoms do I have? Too Many!

Post  Tammy Elaine Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Let me see if I can name them all...

IBS
CHRONIC, let me say that again, CHRONIC fatigue
Burnig, beyond my endurance, shoot myself in the head PAIN
Dementia
Cognitive Dysfunction (and not the canine kind either, LOL!)
Migraines
Stiffness, and I mean STIFFNESS
Intolerance to noise and cold temperatures
Aphasia
Sensory Overload
Vision Loss
Anxiety
Depression
Tender and Trigger Points
muscle cramps and spasms
Confusion
dizziness or vertigo
nausea and fever
flu like symptoms
muscle weakness
irritability
mood swings
fibro-fog
TIA's (Transient Ischemic Attacks)
Short term memory loss

...There are probably more, but I forgot them.

What are your symtpoms?
Tammy Elaine
Tammy Elaine
Admin

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-30

https://fibromyalgia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down