The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about my Symptoms, not diagnosed yet.

3 posters

Go down

Question about my Symptoms, not diagnosed yet. Empty New Dr.

Post  flogerber Sun May 13, 2012 7:51 pm

You deserve better than what it sounds like your Dr. gave you. Look for a new Dr! Do not accept dismissive behavior from your Dr. You know yourself and know something isn't right. Make sure you let any Dr. know you are not on the hunt for pain meds...you are on the hunt for answers. I am lucky to have a very astute and supportive Dr. who has other Fibro patients. She put me on Savella and I have much more control of my symptoms. It still gets bad at times and I do have flare-ups, but it is good to know what I have and know that I have the support and understanding of my Dr. You deserve that too. I know you probably are in a low, vulnerable place but take it upon yourself on a good day to research and find a better Dr for you.
flogerber
flogerber

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Question about my Symptoms, not diagnosed yet. Empty Well..

Post  tooyoungforfibro Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:22 am

Well, what does your doctor think?
Everything in fibro books and things says it has to be all 4 quadrants of your body. I actually wrote a blog post asking this question but I didn't know if there were people out there in the situation.
I would imagine that some of your other symptoms such as the fatigue, etc. may still leave you with fibromyalgia but only a doctor can diagnose you.
That's my guess.
tooyoungforfibro
tooyoungforfibro

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Question about my Symptoms, not diagnosed yet. Empty Question about my Symptoms, not diagnosed yet.

Post  alexa0414 Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 pm

I finally saw my primary care doctor last week. I have been suffering symptoms for years but it has become unbearable to the point I needed help. Until now, I was treating some of my symptoms as adrenal fatigue, dry eye, hormone problems and varicose veins.

So my question is this; My pain is severe and I experience it on a daily basis to some degree. Sometimes worse than others. The thing is, it is in my low back and legs down to my ankles and feet. It is not always the whole leg and back, sometimes the ankles will hurt badly. Then the pain may move up to my thighs and take over my whole legs. It is ALWAYS on both sides. Today it is my low back and buttocks. The back is severe. I don't get much pain in my upper torso except sometimes I get ill and I think I have the flu. On those days I stay home from work but that doesn't happen often. I also get pins and needles occasionally in my foot or hand. Can it still be FM even though my symptoms of pain are below the waist only? All the information I read says both above and below.

I have many other symptoms. Fatigue, fuzzy thinking, blurry vision, terrible PMS, dry red eyes and hard time concentrating. (not always just randomly. I never know when it will be a good day)

When I saw the Dr. she was rather unkind and didn't seem to care much. When I asked her what I could do for the pain while we were waiting for the blood tests. She acted as if my pain were not real and told me she doesn't prescribe pain meds. I said that's fine, just tell me what to do. I was crying.

She didn't give me anything so the only time I get relief is heating pads, electric blankets or hot baths. The minute heat is removed the pain is back. OTCs don't do a thing for me. I'm very frustrated.
alexa0414
alexa0414

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Question about my Symptoms, not diagnosed yet. Empty Re: Question about my Symptoms, not diagnosed yet.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down