The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newly diagnosed, prescribed Lyrica

Go down

Newly diagnosed, prescribed Lyrica Empty Newly diagnosed, prescribed Lyrica

Post  Sulster2012 Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:57 am

Hi everyone and happy new year to all. I have been recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after years of doctor visits, a multitude of different tests and exams, lots of different diagnoses and what feels like a swimming pool worth of blood tests. In one way it was like getting an early Christmas present to finally get a concrete diagnosis but, as we all know, this is not a nice thing to have. I really thought I was going crazy for the last while, as I have been progressively feeling worse. I couldn't count how many times I have been told the pain was in my head, it was stress etc. etc. etc. I'm glad I can now say "see, it’s not", well maybe not.

Anyway, the Rheumatologist that diagnosed me has put me on Lyrica. I can't remember the last time I felt so good since starting them. But... I still have bad days. The Rheumy said he would start me on a low dose, 150mg a day, and raise that as needed. This was 3 weeks ago. But when I have bad days, like yesterday, I have had to take an extra one or two 75mg capsule. Yesterday I took 300mg for the day, 2 75mg in the morning and 2 75mg in the evening. Is it ok to do this? Will it mean that I will become intolerant to it quicker? Is it normal to still have severe pains even though I'm only on it 3 weeks, I can't be intolerant to it already!!!

I appreciate any advice you can give me and thanks in advance.

Sean
Sulster2012
Sulster2012

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down