The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have this kind of muscle pain?

+2
mikes_angel
steveinville
6 posters

Go down

Do you have this kind of muscle pain? Empty Re: Do you have this kind of muscle pain?

Post  STORIEMAE Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Your pain unfortunately sounds eerily familiar to what I experienced in the years before I had full blown FM, especially the severe hamstring tightness. I really hope you can get this under control at this stage while it's not too life-altering. Here are some things that work for my pain (severe and chronic deep tissue, trigger point and joint pain.) Deep breathing techniques and chivasana can really help control my pain when it is terrible. I also take Tramadol + Gabapentin for pain which has made the biggest difference in my life since Fibro. I find that a heating pad and Kwan Loong Oil (retails for about $6 on Amazon) is the best instant relief I can get for joint pain. Cutting harmful chemicals out of your diet, like artificial sweeteners, nitrates and nitrites, too much sugar etc... can really bring an overall change in how your body works by hopefully calming down your nervous system to function at normal levels... the benefits gained from healthy diet changes can be profound. I think you definitely have the right idea with the hot-tub as heat and the near weightlessness that water gives you can be very therapeutic. Along those lines it would probably be beneficial to start gently exercising and stretching in the pool to work out your hamstrings. For severe pain you might also want to try Lidoderm patches. Hope this helps!
STORIEMAE
STORIEMAE

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Back to top Go down

Do you have this kind of muscle pain? Empty Re: Do you have this kind of muscle pain?

Post  lulu6kidz Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 pm

I have stiffness in shoulders down my back, and legs. My hips are always in pain. I have muscle spasms and twitches. I too have muscle fatigue. I use to do 1hr of Spin class and I never felt like this, and Spin class is an intense class. Although I have not tried it myself (Im waiting for my appt date with the Rheumatologist), I was told to try these vitmins and minerals: Vitamin D3, turmeric, and magnesium. Like I said, I haven't tried these myself, but, a friend of mine has and researched them. She felt they work for her. She has had FM for 15 years. She also swears by Pilates and Yoga, and drinks mineral water. She couldn't take some of the medications offered to her for this or that reason. There is also a drug called Savella. Do some research. It may help you.
lulu6kidz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AngJoy Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:41 pm

good post, thanks for post
AngJoy
AngJoy

Registration date : 2011-03-30

http://customcollegeessays.com/term-papers.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jimhusten Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 am

The defining symptoms of fibromyalgia are chronic, widespread pain, fatigue, and heightened pain in response to tactile pressure. Other symptoms may include tingling of the skin, prolonged muscle spasms, weakness in the limbs, nerve pain, muscle twitching, palpitations,functional bowel disturbances, and chronic sleep disturbances.Many patients experience cognitive dysfunction, which may be characterized by impaired concentration,problems with short and long-term memory, short-term memory consolidation, impaired speed of performance, inability to multi-task, cognitive overload,and diminished attention span. Fibromyalgia is often associated with anxiety, and depressive symptoms.My father was facing the same problem 2 years back but nothing can be done at the age of 60 there are many disease take place in human being even the medicine to not work. I would like to prefer that time only medication and normal workout can be done.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5462415_home-remedies-heel-pain.html
http://www.tandurust.com/bone-joint-muscle-disorders/heel-pain-remedies-symptoms-prevention.html

jimhusten
jimhusten

Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  mikes_angel Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 pm

steveinville wrote:I am a new member--male, age 60. My rheumatologist has described my condition as "mild fibro". I've not tried to pin him down on that in the sense that is this fully fibro, as defined by the "14 pressure points". I don't have pain in all 14 areas. But here is what I do have, and I wonder if others have matching pain symptoms. I should say quickly that I do not have the strong fatigue. I do get tired and don't have the energy I think I should, but my issue is pain.
The worst pain I have falls in 2 categories: (1) morning joint pain and stiffness. It is very tough to get up. All joints are painful. Once I move around a bit, and/or sit in the hot tub for a bit, I loosen up. Sometimes I have this joint pain after more-than-usual activity.
(2) the other pain, and the most difficult, is muscle pain. Any muscle that is used for a modest amount of time becomes very very sore. It is like when I was in high school and did some activity, say, during basketball practice for 2 hours--I would be sore the next day. Now, just a few minutes of activity makes me sore. The soreness that is the worst is my hamstrings and buttock. Even easy walking is tough because of the sore hamstrings. Sitting is uncomfortable because my butt is sore where the hamstrings attach.
For meds, I take tramadol pills: 50 mg usually at waking up, and at noon. I am "authorized" to take up to 8 pills a day, but I hate to get hooked on so much. And, if I take one much later than mid-afternoon, I can't sleep that night.
Thanks for reading--if you have similar pain, and HAVE FOUND SOMETHING THAT PROVIDES SOME RELIEF, please reply.

I have had pain similair to yours. When I wake in the morning I feel stiff in the hips, lower back, knees and shoulder areas. I have also experienced pain similair to the second one you described. I have had 2 bouts of it, lasting a few days to a week. It felt like I had done a ton of squats. All up the back of my upper legs and into my buttock area. Going up and down stairs was very painful. I found some relief from hot baths. I also found mild relief from Motrin rub (kind of like Rub A535). It heats up and relaxes the painful muscles.
mikes_angel
mikes_angel

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Do you have this kind of muscle pain? Empty Do you have this kind of muscle pain?

Post  steveinville Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 pm

I am a new member--male, age 60. My rheumatologist has described my condition as "mild fibro". I've not tried to pin him down on that in the sense that is this fully fibro, as defined by the "14 pressure points". I don't have pain in all 14 areas. But here is what I do have, and I wonder if others have matching pain symptoms. I should say quickly that I do not have the strong fatigue. I do get tired and don't have the energy I think I should, but my issue is pain.
The worst pain I have falls in 2 categories: (1) morning joint pain and stiffness. It is very tough to get up. All joints are painful. Once I move around a bit, and/or sit in the hot tub for a bit, I loosen up. Sometimes I have this joint pain after more-than-usual activity.
(2) the other pain, and the most difficult, is muscle pain. Any muscle that is used for a modest amount of time becomes very very sore. It is like when I was in high school and did some activity, say, during basketball practice for 2 hours--I would be sore the next day. Now, just a few minutes of activity makes me sore. The soreness that is the worst is my hamstrings and buttock. Even easy walking is tough because of the sore hamstrings. Sitting is uncomfortable because my butt is sore where the hamstrings attach.
For meds, I take tramadol pills: 50 mg usually at waking up, and at noon. I am "authorized" to take up to 8 pills a day, but I hate to get hooked on so much. And, if I take one much later than mid-afternoon, I can't sleep that night.
Thanks for reading--if you have similar pain, and HAVE FOUND SOMETHING THAT PROVIDES SOME RELIEF, please reply.
steveinville
steveinville

Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down