The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 2008 Newsletter

Go down

May 2008 Newsletter Empty May 2008 Newsletter

Post  Tammy Elaine Thu May 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Newsletter: May, 2008
The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum

Greetings Everyone!
Well, thank goodness, Summer is almost here! For many of us, this brings at least some relief as the cold of Winter and chilly Springs tend to worsen our symptoms. I hope that everyone is finally thawing out and is feeling somewhat better now that warmer weather is here at last.

Website Updates

In case you haven't visited the website recently, there is a new page discussing Mitochondrial Dysfunction and how it relates to FM/CFS. There was very indepth and time consuming research involved in putting this page together as I am by no means a "micro-biologist"; however, I made an attempt to present all the information in a manner that should be easier to understand for us "mere humans" who did not graduate from medical school! LOL! Please visit the Mitochondrial Dysfunction Page and feel free to offer any feedback you may have.

I have also added another "site tool" that should prove beneficial in searching for additional information needed that is not specifically addressed on the website. The Doclix "keywork cloud" is located on the lower, right hand side of the "Home Page". Hover your mouse over any word in the cloud and on the opposite side of the page a small window will open presenting additional articles, news feeds, etc. on the topic for you to view without having to leave the website. When finished, just close the small window. I hope this will offer additional resources to you that you will find helpful.

We recently launched the new, Exclusive Fibromyalgia Awareness Bracelet, crafted just for us by Lisa, of "Sparkle And Support"! I own this bracelet and absolutely love it! The craftsmanship is excellent and the bracelet is very affordable. Although I do not make any profit off of the sale of the bracelet, "Sparkle And Support" donates 15% of each sale to The National Fibromyalgia Association. The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Resource Center is currently listed in the #3 spot on Google search for "Fibromyalgia Awareness Bracelet", so be sure and order yours before Lisa is
overwhelmed with orders and you find yourself waiting in line for this quality piece! It's a beautiful way to spread awareness for our disease too!

Also new to the website, on the Awareness Shopping Page is a link to the new NASCAR Shopping site. This is an affiliate site designed to add residual income to the Fibromyalgia site; therefore, offset the expense of the hosting required to maintain it and advertising costs. Folks, please remember that I am disabled due to Fibromyalgia just as many of you are. I have built and maintained this website, blog and forum in an effort to help others who suffer from FM/CFS and do my very best to keep the site free so that everyone who needs help can benefit from it. I do incur expenses; however, and visitors who shop on the Awareness Shopping Links offer support to the site and bring in small commissions that pay for the hosting, advertising, etc. You can help by using these links while shopping and by referring your friends and family to them. There are several great shopping sites such as BIDZ, where you can get great bargains on name brand jewelry for as little as $1! So many are shopping at BIDZ already...so why not support Fibromyalgia while doing it? (Just pass along the link below.) It's a good thing!

Shop at BIDZ and Support Fibromyalgia Awareness!

Again, these affiliate links bring in small commissions that pay for the expenses of maintaining the site. Without them, I may be forced to make The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Resource Center, "Membership Only" and I really don't want to have to do that, so please, support the website.

Coming Soon!
For those of you who are disabled, cannot work and need to add residual income, I am currently working on expanding the Web Opportunities Page to include all of the avenues I utilized to get The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Resource Center up to the #3 spot in results in Google! I will also be sharing all of the "free to join" and low cost ways I use to advertise the site, forum and blog, as well as some "inexpensive marketing niches". If you are interested in making residual income or in "internet marketing" in general, this will be a great asset to you. I will get it up as soon as time permits, I promise!

Resources:

For a FREE Disability Guide, and I do mean absolutely FREE, no gimmicks, nothing to pay, EVER - Visit This Site!

This information helped me win my case in only 4 months! It is especially for FM sufferers and if you are sick, cannot work, have filed or are thinking of filing for disability, this information is priceless! In addition, you will be able to access other sites that have helpful disability information and support, all Free, just for requesting the disability guide. I have met some wonderful and supportive people who, just like us, are suffering from FM and are facing the same challenges that we face since joining!

Believe me, I know what it is like not to have any income and struggle just to pay the bills. If you would like to join a web site where you can WIN money by watching online seminars, here is a great place to do it! I joined a while back and am learning a great deal as well as winning a little cash on the side! Check it out! You may just enjoy yourself and WIN some cash!

April Birthdays
Katklaws

May Birthdays
Gundy
Mary
SSS

May you ALL be Blessed with many, many more!

Forum News

I have been very proud to add "Fibro Fanny" to our forum and I hope that she adds a bit of levity to your days. Since she is an original character, I would greatly appreciate any stories of your own that you would like to see made into a strip with Fanny. Just drop me a note or post giving the details of your story and I will let Fanny tell it for you. She's alot of fun to work with and I hope ya'll are enjoying her!

New Members

We also have added several new members to the forum this past couple of months and I hope you all will each drop them a PM to make them welcome. Folks, we need your participation in the forum! Please try to write at least one post a week to maintain your membership. Soon, I will be setting the forum software to automatically purge inactive memberships as I continue to evauluate the usefulness of our forum. If your membership is purged due to inactivity, it cannot be reversed and if you wish to continue as a member at that point you will need to register again. You can avoid this by posting at least one post a week. (Now, come on Guys! If I can manage to keep a website, blog, forum and all the social networking and advertising required to keep all of these sites visible and in the search engines, surely ya'll can write just one post a week! LOL! Isn't that why you joined a forum in the first place?)

Just to give you an idea of the very interesting people we have onboard as members, check this out:

Two, yes two, published authors
several business owners
at least one Ph.D and R.N (that I know of)
One member from "across the big pond"
A very proud Grandmother of brand new Twins!

AND YOU!!!!

Yes, we are a very special group with one thing in common...
Fibromyalgia.

Share your stories and support each other!

Things to check out on the Forum...

..."Fibro Fanny", an original comic strip about FM

...Events Calendar

...The "Introduce Yourself" Category, meet and welcome new members

...Chatbox, a place to chat with each other in real time, hold support meetings or just shoot the breeze!

...Fibromyalgia Resource Links - See new resources recently added,

like a Blog and Book written by Barbara Keddy, Ph.D. and one of our newest members! (Welcome Barb!)

...Your Messages!!! (My outbox has aprox. 50 pms that I sent that members have not yet read! Please check your PM's!)

...All of the other member's posts- Other members need your help and support! See if you can help those who are in need!

...Prayer Requests

...Polls and Feedback on FM Issues

The Forum is here for you!

If you need support, please do not hesitate to reach out! If I can't help, then I will find someone who can! That's what it's all about!
One thing I have learned is that NOONE is strong enough to battle Fibromyalgia alone!

Not even you!

Together, we can make it.

Together we might have a chance...

....That is, unless you want to rely on the medical community to save us.

(God knows that they are doing such a bang-up job! LOL)

Until Next Month...

Thank you for joining and supporting The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum. In case anyone is interested, I am in need of a Moderator. Please contact me if you are interested. I still would also like to start a monthly "support group" in the Chatbox, but have yet to receive any feedback the suggestion from last month's Newsletter. As always, if you have any suggestions for the forum or how to make it better, I would love to hear them!

Take care, and again, thank you for your prayers and support.

Tammy Elaine
Forum Admin
The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Support Forum

"If you know someone who has Fibromyalgia don't HUG them,
PRAY for them!"
[url][/url]
Tammy Elaine
Tammy Elaine
Admin

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-30

https://fibromyalgia.forumotion.com