The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It took me 14 years, three strokes, 7 doctors...

2 posters

Go down

It took me 14 years, three strokes, 7 doctors... Empty Its a long road ...

Post  BMGirl Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:11 pm

When I first started being tested they didn't know what they were supposed to be testing me for. As a computer operator 24/7 they kept trying to put it down to a Repetitive Strain Injury, so after the usual round of blood tests, I had a Nerve Conduction Test, X-ray - first they said I was a complete mystery!!! then they said it was Arthralgia and then they diagnosed Fibromyalgia. I hate this name, especially when referred to as Fibrositis they make is sound so ordinary, which of course it isn't.

My health problems have slowly deteriorated since and within the last few years I have been diagnosed with Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis and now also MS.

Its such a frustrating condition and with more and more people being diagnosed with it you would think it would be better publicized than it is.
BMGirl
BMGirl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

It took me 14 years, three strokes, 7 doctors... Empty It took me 14 years, three strokes, 7 doctors...

Post  Tammy Elaine Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:30 am

,,,and a divorce. You would think they were searching for world peace, not a diagnosis of obvious symptoms. Everyone thinks that fibro is this new fab illness when it has been referred to in doctors' journals since the early 1800's. My first symptoms appeared in the early 90's, beginning with IBS. For two years I struggled to keep the flares under control while my doctor lectured me about my weight, my diet and my smoking. There were periods of time lasting 6 months or more where I couldn't eat anything except scrambled eggs and wheat toast. I was put on prilosec and told I had an acidic stomach. I constantly felt like I had the flu, ran a fever and felt sick and weak. Over the next few years I began to have muscle spasms and cramps in my legs and ankles. In 1999, I suffered my first major stroke which didn't show up on a CAT but it took me out of work for over a year. The doctor flatly said it was all in my head and sent me packing. Because I couldn't work we lost our home and my life and health have spiraled downward since.

That is why I started this site and forum. Noone should endure what I have for lack of information. I encourage everyone to post about their diagnosis process. It will help someone out there who is searching for answers and needs them desperately.

I will be more specific about the rest later. Like everyone who has fibro, my story is long and tedious, just like the process of being diagnosed...

Never give up!

Tammy Elaine
Forum Administrator
Webmaster: The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Resource Center
Tammy Elaine
Tammy Elaine
Admin

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-30

https://fibromyalgia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down