The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have been suffering for a long time now!

Go down

I have been suffering for a long time now! Empty I have been suffering for a long time now!

Post  Veronika80 Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Everyone - I just wrote a long introduction, but to sum it up - I am a 25 year old female and I have been suffering since a young teen. After struggling to even pass high school, I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with hypothyroid. I thought this was great - now I could treat it and feel better. After weeks, months, and now years, medicine hasn't improved my condition. In fact, I have gained weight, and sometimes felt worse than before! In January I asked for full bloodwork to be done, and I found out I was vitamin D deficient. I was relieved to think that was all it's been, so I took large doses of D, brought my level up, and still felt bad. Finally I switched to a new doctor. She ran a Lime disease and Lupus test, and I didn't test positive for those. She told me it seems I have Fibromyalgia, and just diagnosed me last week. I struggle to get through each day. This has been going on severely since high school. I was ridiculed by the dean of my high school and some teachers that didn't believe something was wrong with me. I work Monday-Friday, and really struggle to get through the week. My body feels like I was in a car accident and never recovered. My ribs and lungs hurt when I breathe in, my hips, and legs hurt. My arms and back are so sore. My mind is very cloudy, and I have been more and more forgetful. My boyfriend thinks it's cute and teases me about it, but I feel like I have Alzheimer's already. Sometimes I feel totally winded coming up my apartment stairs, and sleeping never makes me feel better. I am never well rested. I also have mood swings. My doctor just started me on nortriptyline, but so far I don't feel any relief, in fact my head feels a little weird, and the pain feels more prominent. Would love to hear from you. Does anyone have experience on notriptyline? I am worried I am going to gain more weight. Ever since I got on Synthroid for thyroid disease, I thought I would go back to my usual self, but I've gained 30 pounds in the last 2 years.
Veronika80
Veronika80

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down