The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help newly diagnosed

4 posters

Go down

Help newly diagnosed Empty Re: Help newly diagnosed

Post  alexajee Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Ill say a prayer for you, I'm trying to figure out if my symptoms match up because I feel like i have it too Sad
alexajee
alexajee

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Back to top Go down

Help newly diagnosed Empty suggestions

Post  joni1129 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Do you have pain in your feet? If not, the only thing that keeps me going other than celebrex and an occasional painkiller is walking. I do 2 miles of walking a day, every day. I have very bad chronic fatigue also, so I know how hard this is. I FORCE myself to begin walking and after awhile I can feel muscles, etc fall into place and this helps get the muscles where they should be….therefore reducing spasms and some pain. This does not take the pain away completely, but I know the next day I will be better. This is very good for depression, the blues, whatever you want to call it.

Hydrocodone is the only thing that will take away some of the pain when it’s bad. Look into a therapeutic pillow and knee pillow to help your back when you sleep. It’s worth the investment. I used to practice yoga once a week, and the results were wonderful. Painful while in class, but overall, it was always worth it. I’m currently in a long flare-up and not able to attend class.

I wish I could offer more. Just don’t ever lose the faith.
joni1129
joni1129

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 pm

You most likely feel so bad you go lay down a lot and can not sleep and so you need to arrange for help for your children. If the pain is so bad that you can not deal with it then your doctor should give you a script for Hydrocodone (10-325). This is the only thing that works for me to take the edge off the pain. Pain for me has been so bad that I was throwing up and I had to go to the ER and I was given a shot of Demerol. That did the trick as I could go home and sleep. Thank god it is not often that it get's that bad.

Bill
Bill
Bill

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Help newly diagnosed Empty Help newly diagnosed

Post  305meli Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:44 am

Hi my names Melissa I am 30 yrs old I Just got diagnosed on Tuesday Doc gave me Gabapentin and Risperidone he said the Risperidone would help me sleep,it hasn't helped me sleep at all,But I have noticed its helped with my mood,any suggestions on what to tell my doc? Should I wait till my next appointment which is in a month or should I call on Monday and let him know whats going on? Please I am losing my mind I need to sleep I am a SAHM to 3 kids under 10 I need to get my rest.
305meli
305meli

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down