The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Found something that seems to work for me.

Go down

Finally Found something that seems to work for me. Empty Finally Found something that seems to work for me.

Post  iwillconquerthis Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 pm

Dear Fibromyalgia Sufferers, I have suffered since my 2nd year of college from Fibromyalgia. I have not been able to work an 8 hour job for years and years. I guess like many others with fibro, mornings are especially difficult for me. I feel really sick, sluggish, extremely achy, facial pain, sometimes feel like throwing up. When I knew I would have an early or full day ahead of me, I would take tylenol p.m. the night before and that seemed to really ease my morning symptoms so I wouldn't feel so bad during the day. This did not work %100 percent of the time; but it did work most of the time. I do not usually post on forums, but I just had to share this next piece of information with others who are suffering too, in the hope that it could help them as well. I have recently started to take alpha lipoic acid at night before going to bed. Amazing! This week I have 4 incredible mornings with no pain and renewed energy. (Just the way a morning should be) The other days that weren't so good, I had forgotten to take ALA the night before; so I am noticing a pattern for myself and I can not tell you how good this feels for the morning time. after suffering for years and years. Before, the only other things that would help would be to remember to take the tylenol p.m. the night before or have the ability to take a very long nap during the day to remedy my terrible suffering. Most of the time a long nap is not possible, once my day starts. Otherwise, onece the symptoms started, nothing else would work and it was just awful. It's amazing that I'm even able to type this early to post this. I am not on forums very often. I've had one or two experiences of being new to forums and it's amazing how critical and harsh people can be when they think they have anonymity. So, not sure if I will post in the future, but I knew I couldn't be selfish and not share this thing that I just discovered this week. Maybe it will help others too. While I'm here, I should probably post some of the other things that have helped relieve my symptoms and increase energy through the years. I noticed an immediate difference when I switched to organic milk. Also, the exercise known as NIA has been wonderful for me. Yoga, would only make me feel sicker after practicing it. Nia, left me feeling better and with a wonderful feeling of natural euphoria. I have noticed a reduction of symptoms whenever I get access to a steam room or jacuzzi. And swimming always seems to be healing for me. I have also heard that fish oil is very good for inflamation. Haven't noticed too much of a difference yet, but they say you must be consistant with the fish oil to notice a difference. I definately notice an increase of energy when I'm able to get vitamin b 12 shots at the dr.'s office. I have also greatly noticed that it's important for me to take my multiple vitaimin everyday without fail. There is a new liquid vitamin I have found called Reviva. When I was able to do accupuncture a few years ago, I definately noticed an increase in energy and a decrease in symptoms. Also, for some reason, Indian and Thai food seems to be very healing for me. Much love and healing to each heart and body that is suffering right now.
iwillconquerthis
iwillconquerthis

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down