The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health History and symptoms of Confusion

Go down

Health History and symptoms of Confusion Empty Health History and symptoms of Confusion

Post  god1stu2ndme3rd Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Like most of you, I am sure I am not the only one battling Doctor's when it comes to FM.
I was pretty much a healthy child and even into my early adult life. As I stated in the Introduce Yourself topic forum. In 2001 I had just moved into a new place and had been up all night trying to situate my belongings. I was sleep walking and fell down the stairs in my house {14 of them to be exact}. A few months later my oldest who at that time who was around 4 or 5 yrs old and I had to deal with the oversized hotwater heater flooding out the kitchen and diningroom area of the house. I noticed within a few months my daughter and I were constantly in and out of the hospital, with flu like symptoms. I later found out that we had staph mold growing behind all the cabinetry and under the flooring in the house. To make a long story short that was the when my life became a life of doctor visits and being sick.

Health history:

I suffer from- Chronic lower and upper back, neck, and shoulder pain {due to fall}
Nightime leg cramps and discomfort
Sleeplessness
all over body pain and spasms
Nausea from pain
headaches and migraines
IBS-Stress induced
GERD- Stress induced
Asthma - due from staph mold
Stiffness of muscles
Irratibility
mood swings
Dementia and Confusion
Indigestion
Carpal Tunnel
Thyroid problems - not yet DX as Hypo or Hyper
Edema - Often pitting
Extreme Fatigue
Loss of Concentration
Temperalmandibular Joint Dysfunction
Trigeminal Neuralgia
Bruxism
Loss of teeth due to TMJ and Bruxism
Swelling of my joints knees, elbows, fingers, toes, ankles etc...
depression - one doctor Dx me as hemanic depressive
chronic sinusitis
goiters

You name it and since 2001 I have had the pleasure of being Dx with it. Often I feel I have one underlying Dx that contributes to the other Dx's, who knows maybe I have had some mis DX's. This is why I stated that I am so sick of doctor's , I hate going as I feel I am always the lab rat and never a person who is a patient.

I stated in my topic as the Health history and symptoms of Confusion because after all the doctor visits and being poked and probed I am more confused than when I just knew I was sick and something was wrong.

As far as pain relief goes, there truly is no cure for FM. I do what I can afford to and that is:

Generic brand of Arthritis Pain reliever - 2 - 650 mg tabs every 4-6 hrs as needed
I alternate with
Generic head ache formula - which contains Acetaminophen 250mg
Asprin 250mg
Caffeine 65 mg -- 2 - tabs every 4-6 hrs
Probiotic - Culturelle 2 - capsule a day opened and mixed in hot tea.

I feel like I have to buy an over the counter pharmacy in order to gain my life back.
I am not a doctor so as far as the damage I am doing by taking all of those things I am unaware of. I know that some pain relief is better than none. I am a mom of 3 so I have to function, and if that means taking what I can afford to take than I pray to GOD above that I don't accidentally do something potentially bad.

Anyone with any other ideas or helpful information please help!!!!!
god1stu2ndme3rd
god1stu2ndme3rd

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down