The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have I got fibromyalga????

Go down

Have I got fibromyalga???? Empty Have I got fibromyalga????

Post  lynne.collins8 Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:46 pm

HI, I'm Lynne and have just joined today. I am going to see the nurse at my doctors surgery on tuesday on the advice of my physio to be tested for fibromyalgia. I have been backwards and forwards to doctors, hospitals etc for 3 and a half years and they cant find out whats causing my pain. It started out with an ache in my lower back on waking and has gradually over the years spread around my body. I have pain in my back, neck, shoulders, hips, elbows, hands. I feel at my worst first thing on a morning, I wake up hurting and stiff everywhwere often with pins and needles in my arms and cannot function on the worst days untill i have had tramadol in my system for about 2 hours. I tend to feel worse when I have done more the day before. I'm a self employed cleaner and I'm having to turn down work because I can only work for 2-3 hours on an afternoon or I'm out of action for days recovering. My physio said that my trapezium and the psoas major muscles are in spasm. They are the only muscles she has tested so far. I also have bursitis in my left shoulder which improves after steroid injections. I used to be a very active person, doing cycling 3-4 times a week, body pump class once a week and tai chi once a week. I can't do any of this anymore, I don't have the energy and it causes me pain. When i wake up on a morning i feel like i haven't had any sleep but most nights i sleep very well. I can have days when i feel relatively ok and don't need pain killers but also have a had periods when i haven't been able to get out of the chair because i'm in so much pain. It all seems to be activity related. When I do less i feel better, the more i do the worse i feel. I've had x rays of my neck and lower back, an mri of my shoulder, tests for inflammatory markers and everything has come back normal apart from some inflammation showing in the shoulder area indicating bursitis. I have always suffered from various allergies and have heard that this could be linked. Does anyone agree with my phsyiotherapist that this could be fibromyalga.Thanks for taking the time to read this long post. Smile Lynne
lynne.collins8
lynne.collins8

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-01

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum