The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biomat - my cure to fibromyalgia

Go down

Biomat - my cure to fibromyalgia Empty Biomat - my cure to fibromyalgia

Post  TanoChicago Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:09 pm

My story is long but please read till the end.

There is nothing worse than going from doctor to doctor and getting back test results after test results only to find that you are ‘very healthy’… or have a doctor tell you you’re a ‘medical mystery’. The stress of taking off work, scheduling doctor appointments, finding the right doctor, trying all different methods only to find that they all have failed and you are only getting worse is a very scary thought. Doctor appointments became therapy sessions because I would burst in to tears, desperate for some type of relief because I didn’t know how I was going to get through another day in the amount of pain and discomfort I was in.

I never would have thought, being a 3 sport athlete in high school and still physically active during college and afterwards, that something like this would happen to my body. I’m only 27 years old and this started at the age of 24. All I could ever think about is if it’s this bad within 4 years how am I going to live through this? I’m a tough girl but your body can only take so much. My dad always taught me to be that way. Now that I’m an adult, I still push myself to never give up or give in.

Work days started to involve two trips a week to the massage therapist next door during my lunch hour. After a while, the chiropractor was added on top of those sessions. One or two added walks around the block in the morning and the afternoon because I would get to the point where I can’t breathe because I was in so much pain. Maybe even more depending on if I was having a really bad day. Most of the time I was sitting at my desk stretching my neck, shoulders, back. Meetings in the conference room were the best time for that. Squeezing my shoulder and back trying to get some relief. What made me so sad was looking around the room thinking what it must be like to sit in a chair and just feel normal. I didn’t think I would ever know what that felt like again. My work gave me the opportunity to find a more comfortable chair. Add a keyboard tray to my worktop. But still…nothing.

Now let’s add some acupuncture, yoga, enzymes, some natural herbal liquids that are supposed to have a calming effect, muscle stimulator machine from my chiropractor, china gel for relief, Epsom salt baths at night which made me feel sick, vitamins, muscle relaxers, vicodin, MRI’s. Who can remember to do all these things and stay on top of it when it’s not even working? Plus who wants to put all these things in their body? And will I have to take them for the rest of my life? I just want to be normal again!
Everyone wants to tell you, oh its just stress. Having the ambulance called to your work because your chest is tightening up, your right arm is tingling and in pain, you can’t see clearly, shortness of breath, your heart is racing and you feel like your body is completely sick is not because you should have meditated for an hour instead of 30 minutes to relieve some stress. The scariest part was thinking I was having a heart attack at 27. How embarrassing is it to come back to work to say that you’re on muscle relaxers and had a panic attack from the amount of pain. And your doctor simply told you to ‘get the pain under control’ so it doesn’t happen again.

Car rides were unbearable. That’s where I spent most of my time crying. Driving while feeling like at any moment something was going to suddenly happen to you because you have hit your peak of pain tolerance is a scary feeling. Driving to work was no longer an option. Thankfully for me I have the option to take the train and get in a nap on my long commute to work.
I remember one night coming home from work and deciding that something had to change right now! My days of pain and discomfort and sickness became a 24 hour thing. I woke up every morning feeling like my body was so unbelievably sick. Is it possible I have cancer? What am I supposed to think? I was no longer able to carry anything on my shoulders. Turtle necks or jackets even bothered my neck. My mom decided that enough was enough and spoke to a friend who referred me to a pain management doctor. Once again, I was told here are some stress relieving techniques, here is some acupuncture, take some more blood tests and here is a medication. I left the office crying once again.

All along this Biomat was in the back of my head but knowing that I was going to pay 1700 dollars scared me. And who wants to try another thing that isn’t going to work and spend that much money? Yes I could resell it. But who knows if I could find someone to buy it. The only reason I knew about it was because I had a friend in massage therapy who worked at a place that used them for massage therapy. I received a massage from my friend and on all their tables were these Biomats. The heat really did make me feel really good after the massage. The owner of the massage therapy place is a breast cancer survivor. She took the time to give me a tour of their facility and explain to me all the things they do at their practice. On top of it, she told me her own experience and what she has gone through and why natural healing is so important to her. Every night she sleeps on a Biomat and swears she will never go without it for the rest of her life. I thought to myself, but I don’t have cancer. And 1700 dollars doesn’t seem reasonable just to feel refreshed when I wake up or feel better and all the other positive points they were making to me. At this time into my fibromyalgia I wasn’t as desperate as I became later on.
I had searched online to research it and the whole ‘crystaline technology’ and what not kind of made me skeptical so I just left it at that. After a few months at the chiropractor and massage therapy next to my work after 4 years into my fibromyalgia did I ask my chiropractor if he had heard of this Biomat. This chiropractor was an amazing guy because he was putting in all the time and effort and thought into how he could help me. He told me he treats a lady that just recently told him she purchased one. The lady has to be driven to the chiropractor’s office for treatment 2 to 3 times a week because she suffered a horrific accident and her body is a complete wreck. I was told she is too messed up to even go through surgery. She told my chiropractor that for the first time in her life she actually had some pain relief after everything she has gone through. My chiropractor, with extensive knowledge and experience, told me how incredible it was for her particular case.

At that moment, I said forget it, if this is going to help her, it’s got to help me! I’ve been laying on my mat now for about 3 months and it truly is my lifesaver. Right before I had received it I had to bring my boss into the conference room and explain to him that I’m at the end of my rope. I told him I really didn’t know how I was going to get through each day. Thankfully he was willing to do whatever he had to do to allow me to work (i.e. work from home, call in on days I was having a bad day, go home when I needed to) but the main point was that I was having my boss look into disability or taking a leave of absence at the age of 27. It’s really hard for other people to understand what I’m going through or take me serious when I say I don’t feel good, I can’t breathe, I’m in so much pain. Asking for disability is a serious matter. And my fibromyalgia had gotten to that point where my sickness and pain were beyond unbearable.

I wish with all my heart that I had known what the Biomat was going to do for me years ago but based on how I feel now, it’s truly better late than never! Instead of feeling sick every day of each month, the only time I’ve ever had a slight problem is around my menstrual cycle. I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to go through my work day without any pain. To feel normal just like everyone else. To not have to sit at my desk and rub my shoulder and neck and stretch nonstop. To feel like all I have to do is lie on a mat at night and not have to worry about seeing a doctor or taking a daily medication or exercising daily or taking a bath. My mat is there on my bed everynight and I sleep on it and its as simple as that. I without a doubt feel absolutely normal again. I no longer have to see doctors, I no longer have to take walks for pain relief. I no longer have to use my lunch hour to go to the chiropractor and massage therapist next door. I no longer have to ‘try’ something new. I can drive my car. I can sit at my desk for 9 hours without a problem. I can do everything! On top of that, I was going to doctors because I was unable to have bowel movements more than once a week. This has been going on for years and it’s completely uncomfortable. I’ve tried medicines and over the counter medicines for that. Since I’ve been sleeping on my Biomat I’m able to have a bowel movement once or twice a day. You have no idea how much better I feel just from that alone!
I went through a horrible journey dealing with Fibromyalgia and since I’ve been able to finally find a ‘cure’ (for lack of a better word), I decided I wanted to help other people that are dealing with this horrible issue because I would never wish it upon anyone else. I couldn’t believe since talking to others about what I went through, how many people know someone that is dealing with fibromyalgia. I know the mat is a bit expensive but it’s worth it more than I could ever explain to you when you add all the money you pay in healthcare and medicines and what not just to find out that none of it is working. I know this is a lot to read but this is my own story and I want to share it with as many people as I can. It’s not a ‘miracle cure’ that the first day of sleeping on it, your fibromyalgia magically goes away. I would say it took about 2 to 3 weeks for me to not be in pain at all. I started feeling a little bit better each night I laid on the mat.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I know there are other products on the website for the company but I personally stick by the biomat because I have fibromyalgia and I have the professional mat and I know that it works. That’s the reason why I’m selling it. I could never sell anything just to make money. I sell this because I care about people and would help anyone in an instant. Lastly, there is a possibility of getting some of your mat paid for through insurance. My chiropractor is currently helping me get some of my money back. Definitely check into that! Anything helps, right?
Thank you for reading my story!
Laura Cirrintano
708-227-4717 (cell)
tanochicago.biomat.com (this is my site to purchase the biomat through me)
TanoChicago
TanoChicago

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down