The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prednisone

2 posters

Go down

Prednisone Empty ..hi NoCanDu..

Post  Ozykimbo Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:02 pm

..I know what you mean about the 'Preds'.. No

..I've recently started a course of 'Naproxen'..(prescribed of course)...

..feelin' pretty good actually!!

..Maybe discuss with your doc....take care...Ozy..
Ozykimbo
Ozykimbo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-14

Back to top Go down

Prednisone Empty Prednisone

Post  NoCanDu Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:22 am

Over the past 4 or 5 years, my doc has given me a 7 day pack of Prednisone a few times when the pain is at its worst. I've had it maybe 4 times? Each time I've done it, I have felt FANTASTIC!! NO PAIN!! It's a miracle, but unfortunately, it's so bad for you, you can't stay on it. It's like I'm brought back to life for a few days and then go back to being a pumpkin.

My question is this: As Prednisone is an anti-inflammatory, do any of the arthritis meds on the market work similarly?

I was doing ok on Cymbalta until I had to stop working and lost my health insurance. I had to stop taking the meds that didn't have a generic (Cymbalta, Provigil) because they are crazy expensive. I switched to generic Effexor and caffeine. (Neither work that well...)

So now all I have for pain is Vicoprofen (hydrocodone/ibuprofen). I'm not really comfortable taking it much, so I just suffer most of the time. Anyway, thanks in advance for the advice. I did try Lyrica when I had insurance and it didn't do anything...
NoCanDu
NoCanDu

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum