The Ultimate Fibromyalgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to this Forum

2 posters

Go down

New to this Forum Empty New to this Forum

Post  Cleasanta Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi guys

My name is Dorte...I am 40, married with 3 older children and the lucky owner of 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers.....and I live in Australia.

Will try and make a long story short.................I had spinal surgery in 2006 (after a workplace injury) and was diagnosed with Adhesive Arachnoiditis in 2008.

I have been dealing with a lot of pain because of that, but something gradually changed.

I would get pain in my arms...shoulders, hips, knees and jaws. I would get terrible headaches too. My arms fall asleep at night and I would wake up stiff as a board. My body vibrates! I don't mean shaking....but it vibrates like I have a mobile phone on vibrate at the core of my body.

I eventually went to my GP and he sent me to a Rheumatologist. My bloods showed elavated rheumatoid factor, so GP thought I might have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Rheumatologist was a lovely guy! He listened to everything I had to said and started his examination. He would lift my arms etc...that was somewhat ok. Then he started pressing his fingers into certain spots of my body and I almost hit the roof. Yeah...I even swore at him Embarassed

He said to me...look, you are pretty stuffed! You have the Arachnoiditis, but unfortunately I am positive you also have Fibromyalgia now....sigh. He then said...there is no cure...there is management. I said...well, I have heard that before regarding my Arachnoiditis.

I was offered Spinal Cord Stimulator and Intrathecal Morphine pump when I was diagnosed with Arachnoiditis, but I said a kind no thanx...I simply could not put anything else into my spine!

So really...that is my story....I have Adhesive Arachnoiditis and now Fibromyalgia...sigh

Cheers
Cleasanta
Cleasanta

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

New to this Forum Empty irritable bowel attacks and fibro

Post  cortex_toom Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 pm

hi , i thought to introduce myself, which i already did, but there was no reply so i was also busy and it took me sometime to come back but i have bookmarked the forum, so... i have fibro flares when i do something stressing like chores , and lifting heavy objects at home which i did 3 weeks ago, and as i mentioned before, i had a flare and it took me days to get better, now i that i feel better, i have ibs constipation, it seems that wherever i read, anyone who has fibromyalgia, that widespread muscular ache with no reason (that's why doctors describe it that way (i had blood tests to confirm it, a neurologist took my tests i think it's also good to know that seeing like 12 doctors (primary care) and these doctors cant find the reason to your pain, they list it as some invisible illness as they don't know much about fibromyalgia) - the illness is not life threatening, muscles are strong, i look healthy can lift heavy objects but not without pain afterwards....because of this condition they call fibro. the pain attacks mainly the neck, near the joints of legs and hands, and have trigger points as well, near the area, low back pain is common when you also suffer from ibs, i now have ibs (probably an overlap i heard these two are related and most of the patients with fibro go on the develop ibs) there are days when you can't go, and days when you go you feel like you are not finished (sorry for these words) you feel backed up full, and the more you eat the more the system is backed up due to the reason because you don't normally get bm... i am afraid to take laxatives because i read online that your colon will start to depend on it, so when this condition strikes, i will wait till i can go normally, and eat like vegetables and avoid fats...cause it seems when i eat acess fat it triggers ibs.
cortex_toom
cortex_toom

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-23

Back to top Go down